... Missing Winter

Image Source,Photobucket Uploader Firefox Extension

I never thought I would actually say this... But, I miss Eastern Europe's proper cold and snowy winters... 'Proper' as winters from my childhood - with lots of crisp snow, -20 and lots of sun and glitter all around. It almost seems these days that those winters were a fairy tale made up by my imagination. I guess I miss winter so much because this wasn't a particular snowy Christmas in most parts of Europe - apart of course from the countries where it usually snows (like Bulgaria ;)).. and our last winter was very short too and mostly tropical - as we spent most of it in India. And here in London one does not even feel cold and doesn't need any proper winter clothes - I could literally survive walking in my ballerinas and a raincoat all winter long. And... you might not believe it, but the trees are in bloom here now - I can see one right in front of my window...

So I am giving up and posting this couple of snowy pictures from 2 years back from Belarus where I very much wish I could be right now enjoying some sun and snow. Hope you would enjoy them too :). Have a good winter!

Image Source,Photobucket Uploader Firefox Extension


Image Source,Photobucket Uploader Firefox Extension


Image Source,Photobucket Uploader Firefox Extension


Image Source,Photobucket Uploader Firefox Extension
photos by Olga

2 comments:

JuanitaTortilla said...

I miss a good, proper winter too, Olga.
Pushing 4 years in Europe, this has got to be the warmest winter... Nothing but rain, rain, rain, and unexpected spots of sunshine.

Evanir said...

Que a fé e a esperança anda de mãos dadas, bem juntinho de você.
Esta esperança é nossa esperança. É com esta fé em Deus que
estou para 2012.
É com esta fé que nós seremos capazes de transformar esse mundo se cada um de nos
fizermos nossa parte.
E a esperança não ilude, porque o amor de
Deus foi derramado sobre todos nos.
Esta luta do filho de Deus não anda de mãos dadas com renúncias e tristezas,
e sim de esperança num amanhã mais feliz.
Um feliz final de semana.
O primeiro de 2012.
Muita paz muito amor para você.
Beijos no coração.
Evanir..
Eu creio que não sobreviveria com tanto frio morando num pais tropical meu ossos não aguentaria acho lindo mais só posso ver em filme e na tv.